Below is a selection of use cases relevant to you:
One of our clients, a large technological company, was interested in learning more on the future of the hydrogen economy from a commercial perspective, in particular regarding “Green” or “Low Carbon” Hydrogen, produced by running electric current generated by renewable resources through water.
The team at Pangea SI rapidly identified 6 Experts within our network and delivered biographies for the client to review. The first profiles were sent to the client within 90 minutes of receiving the full brief. The client reviewed, provided feedback and chose their selected Experts for consultation. Within 48 hours, one hour-long telephone consultations between the client and the Experts were arranged.
The Experts the client chose to engage with included:
• An Expert with a career spanning 25+ years in the energy and chemical sectors (with particular expertise in industrial gases), having held various international leadership roles for 10+ years, and received several European Business/Technology Innovation awards.
• An Expert with 18+ years' senior level experience within the energy industry, mostly focused on renewables.
Deep Insights At Speed:
The subject-matter Experts provided their deep insights into the topic, allowing the client to quickly come up to speed with the current Hydrogen economy and where it is likely to proceed in the future.
Scenario Planning For Future Opportunities:
The applications for their business could be significant, and the client was able to identify some scenarios which present significant opportunities for their business to grow and de-carbonise simultaneously.
Our client, a leader in the renewable energy industry, wanted to gain insight into how energy intensive industries operate in order to decide the best approach for expanding their new technologies into these sectors.
Our team began sourcing Experts with both a technical and commercial perspective to help answer questions such as:
• What type of energy is being used mostly? Is it steam, heat, electricity? Etc.
• Does the industry have interest in applying energy storage solutions like what the client was proposing?
• What are the typical temperatures and pressures these industries work with?
Experts were sourced from a range of energy intensive industries, for both heat and electrification, including:
- Metals production
- Glass production
- Paper production (Steam production)
Multiple Expert profiles were sent to the client within 72 hours of receiving a full project specification brief:
• Energy Management Leader - 12+ years’ experience working at the world’s largest steel manufacturer, monitoring, and managing the energy efficiency of the plant, as well as seeking out new initiatives to improve it.
• Head of Strategy and Market Intelligence - 20 years global experience in the Mining & Metals and Energy value chains, with focus on investment appraisal and industry evaluation along the deal cycle.
Exclusive Intel Of A Growing Market:
According to gminsights.com, the market the client wished to enter was valued at USD 16 billion in 2017, and is forecast to reach USD 55 Billion by 2024.
Embedded Industry Knowledge:
The client was able to scout the various markets they could potentially enter with their new technology rapidly and effectively by talking with Experts who were deeply embedded in those industries and could give contextualised knowledge.
A client of ours - a manufacturer and technology solution provider in the renewables sector, saw an opportunity for expansion. They engaged Pangea’s service having identified a potential match between their product and the particular conditions in a distant market.
Without knowledge from on the ground in the market of interest, the client could not make confident decisions about their next steps. Perhaps a deeper-dive would reveal issues that made it less appealing than it seemed from the surface. The client accepted that – regardless of data and reports – they knew very little about the conditions they would actually face in practice when it came to promoting their product.
The country of interest has problems with residential Energy provision. The national utility cannot generate enough power to meet demand all the time. The grid is also in need of maintenance and upgrades to meet the requirements of a growing population. Increasingly, private residents and small-holdings are seeking solutions that allow them to be at least somewhat independent. The geography and the climate of the country offers potential for renewables to have a powerful impact. However, energy capture and storage is required to allow the contribution renewables can make to be best realised.
Storing the energy produced by Renewables (for example, Solar panels and Wind turbines), and saving it for times when the utility and the grid cannot provide sufficient supply, is the core solution provided by our client.
We presented our client with a shortlist of Expert profiles who could provide the following contextualised knowledge, based on decades of experience in the geography in question:
Valuable Mosaic of Information:
Pangea’s shortlist of approximately 10 carefully vetted Expert profiles could address every angle of potential interest. Spending an hour with each on the telephone in private sessions, the client built up a detailed mosaic of information, which helped them to appreciate the complexities of the growth opportunity.
Achievable Market Entry Roadmap:
It enabled them to commence building a roadmap for their country entry, and start considering the partners they needed to engage. Furthermore, the speed of Pangea’s delivery eliminated the fear of missing out that was developing for the client: the whole research project was completed within a few weeks, of which just a two days were required for Pangea to source the initial list of Experts.
Our client, an investor, wanted to explore the telecommunications industry but still had gaps in knowledge regarding retail fibre. To fill this gap in knowledge in a quick and effective manner, they contacted Pangea SI to connect them with a subject-matter Expert in the industry who could share their knowledge and experiences.
Our team sourced several Experts for this project, all of which had 20+ years of senior telecoms experience within their country of interest, as well as:
• Specific and direct experience of selling retail fibre services to customers.
• Opinions on what makes retail propositions successful.
• Knowledge regarding the key risks to avoid and mitigate.
These Experts included:
• Sales Director at a leading telecommunications firm - 22 year’s senior experience within the telecoms industry, having worked on both the enterprise and wholesale divisions, giving them a broad experience in the telecoms industry. Expert had sold networks which have fibre elements as well as selling to large-scale enterprise customers.
• Business Sales Manager for a specialist fibre broadband provider - 20+ years’ senior experience in the telecommunications industry, mainly on the sales and business development sides. Expert had specific and direct experience of selling retail fibre for 8 months, mainly B2B, directly selling to small businesses but also experience with selling to residential and retail customers.
Comprehensive Insight into a High Potential Market:
According to the FTTH Council (2014), based on evidence from the US, providing full fibre to half of all premises in the UK could result in a 1.1% rise in annual GDP. A report by Regeneris Consulting for CityFibre (2018) estimates that if this growth rate is applied to 100 city and town economies they have explored in the report, a total economic impact of up to up to £120 billion for 100 towns and cities over 15 years could be reached.
The Experts allowed the client to understand key aspects of the industry such as the risks of retail fibre sales, how to retain customers and how to grow the customer base once a fibre network is built.
Head of Strategy and New Ventures
Digital Transformation Program Lead
Business Development Director, Natural Resources
Pangea Strategic Intelligence have positively impacted the future of special case clients through our On Demand Consulting platform.