Our client, one of the world’s leading chemical companies, wanted to understand the business environment regarding certain methods of Enhanced Oil Recovery. This was to allow them to develop a suitable strategy for market entry of a new product.
Our team began sourcing Experts with backgrounds in either Strategic marketing, Application development, Business development and On-site-support who could cover the main areas of:
• market trends
• product requirements in general and niches
• purchasing criteria for polysaccharides
• market prices of competing products
• industry margins of competing products
• data requirements on product performance to attract interest for collaborations in product development / application development
• EOR value chain
• market volumes and values for polymers in polymer flooding
The first Expert profile was sent to the client within hours of receiving a full project specification brief:
• Senior reservoir engineer – 25+ years’ experience specialising in Enhanced Oil Recovery, having conducted numerous studies worldwide and had been involved in the design and interpretation of over 30 EOR projects – of which two were the largest in the world for the clients’ area of interest.
The Expert also conducted numerous EOR screening studies and taught courses on EOR as well as having authored or co-authored over 50 publications on EOR and reservoir engineering.
An Expanding Sector:
With the global EOR market size being valued at USD 55.80 billion in 2018 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate of 6.8% until 2025. (grandviewresearch.com), the client was able to get a foothold on the best strategy to implement for their new product in this ever growing market.
The client was able to gain insight rapidly and effectively from a very high-level Expert who specialised in the EOR industry.