Our client, an investor, wanted to explore the telecommunications industry but still had gaps in knowledge regarding retail fibre. To fill this gap in knowledge in a quick and effective manner, they contacted Pangea SI to connect them with a subject-matter Expert in the industry who could share their knowledge and experiences.
Our team sourced several Experts for this project, all of which had 20+ years of senior telecoms experience within their country of interest, as well as:
• Specific and direct experience of selling retail fibre services to customers.
• Opinions on what makes retail propositions successful.
• Knowledge regarding the key risks to avoid and mitigate.
These Experts included:
• Sales Director at a leading telecommunications firm - 22 year’s senior experience within the telecoms industry, having worked on both the enterprise and wholesale divisions, giving them a broad experience in the telecoms industry. Expert had sold networks which have fibre elements as well as selling to large-scale enterprise customers.
• Business Sales Manager for a specialist fibre broadband provider - 20+ years’ senior experience in the telecommunications industry, mainly on the sales and business development sides. Expert had specific and direct experience of selling retail fibre for 8 months, mainly B2B, directly selling to small businesses but also experience with selling to residential and retail customers.
Comprehensive Insight into a High Potential Market:
According to the FTTH Council (2014), based on evidence from the US, providing full fibre to half of all premises in the UK could result in a 1.1% rise in annual GDP. A report by Regeneris Consulting for CityFibre (2018) estimates that if this growth rate is applied to 100 city and town economies they have explored in the report, a total economic impact of up to up to £120 billion for 100 towns and cities over 15 years could be reached.
The Experts allowed the client to understand key aspects of the industry such as the risks of retail fibre sales, how to retain customers and how to grow the customer base once a fibre network is built.