Our client, a leader in the renewable energy industry, wanted to gain insight into how energy intensive industries operate in order to decide the best approach for expanding their new technologies into these sectors.
Our team began sourcing Experts with both a technical and commercial perspective to help answer questions such as:
• What type of energy is being used mostly? Is it steam, heat, electricity? Etc.
• Does the industry have interest in applying energy storage solutions like what the client was proposing?
• What are the typical temperatures and pressures these industries work with?
Experts were sourced from a range of energy intensive industries, for both heat and electrification, including:
- Metals production
- Glass production
- Paper production (Steam production)
Multiple Expert profiles were sent to the client within 72 hours of receiving a full project specification brief:
• Energy Management Leader - 12+ years’ experience working at the world’s largest steel manufacturer, monitoring, and managing the energy efficiency of the plant, as well as seeking out new initiatives to improve it.
• Head of Strategy and Market Intelligence - 20 years global experience in the Mining & Metals and Energy value chains, with focus on investment appraisal and industry evaluation along the deal cycle.
Exclusive Intel Of A Growing Market:
According to gminsights.com, the market the client wished to enter was valued at USD 16 billion in 2017, and is forecast to reach USD 55 Billion by 2024.
Embedded Industry Knowledge:
The client was able to scout the various markets they could potentially enter with their new technology rapidly and effectively by talking with Experts who were deeply embedded in those industries and could give contextualised knowledge.