Our client, a developer and manufacturer of specialist technology, wanted to explore a new application for their equipment in the tunnelling market of a specific country and whether it would be worth pursuing based on the current market and methods being applied. The client also wanted to explore the possibilities of a new rental commercial model compared to a purchase model.
Our team sourced Experts who could cover areas such as:
- Tunnel boring engineering and construction
- Had market knowledge in the specific country as both geography and geology were important.
- Specific knowledge of upcoming, current, or past projects that have utilised technology similar to the clients’ in the country of interest.
The Experts included:
• A Chief Tunnel Design Engineer - a geo-engineering professional with 30+ years’ experience in geotechnical engineering. Specialising in tunneling (approaching 10 years’ experience, 7 years within the US), geo-mechanical design, management of design and construction, project management, constructability analysis, and construction support.
• General Tunnel Superintendent at one of the world's largest international construction companies - Civil Engineer approaching a total of 6 years’ international experience in tunnelling.
An Untapped Market: The estimation of possible revenue from this area of the market was US$200,000-500,000.
Effective Roadmapping: The client was able to, clearly and quickly, build a roadmap of where the market was currently, where their products could be applied and what the best commercial models were most likely to be. This allowed them to effectively move into their next stages of planning with a clearer vision now set in place.