On-Demand Webinar: Keeping Pace With The Energy Transition: Gender Balance And Key Learnings | Pangea SI and Lean In Equity & Sustainability
As new jobs and employment paths arise in line with companies transitioning to clean energy globally, there lies a critical opportunity to close the gender gap across the energy sector which remains one of the least gender diverse.
Much can be done to address and improve equality across the energy sector in terms of policies, hiring practices and perceptions. Lean In Equity & Sustainability is actively contributing to the solution to stem these issues through their upcoming initiatives.
Sharing her knowledge, Lamé Verre, Co-Founder & Co-chair of Lean In Equity & Sustainability, discussed:
- Gender balance in the energy sector
- How and why diversity and inclusion are more vital than ever before
- Lean In’s upcoming projects and initiatives for 2023 – 2025
The presentation ended with a Q&A session between our speaker and the participants involving many thought-provoking questions which Lamé kindly shared her perspective on.
Note – this webinar took place on Tuesday 24 January 2023, 3:30pm UTC+0
About the Speaker
Lamé Verre, Co-Founder & Co-chair of Lean In Equity & Sustainability, and Head of Strategy, Innovation & Sustainability for the Customer Solutions business at SSE PLC
- She is an award-winning Energy Executive with over 22 years of experience working across the Energy industry value chain in several geographies.
- She is recognised as one of the top 50 Pan-African Female Leaders in Energy and the Top 100 outstanding Female Executives in the African Energy Industry and recently won the GRIT Award by Ally Energy.
- She is the former Director for Renewable Energy & Energy Transition at Alaric & Associates and Regional Manager, Treasury for Europe, Eurasia, and Sub-Saharan Africa (EESSA) at Halliburton.
- She founded Alaric & Associates, an independent energy consulting firm and co-founded ScanTech International; a service company focused on providing low-carbon pipeline construction and rehabilitation solutions to the Energy industry.
- Lamé is a Fellow of the Energy Institute (FEI) and holds an MBA from Imperial College. She also holds a Masters in Energy, Environmental Management and Economics from the Eni Corporate University, Italy and a B.Sc. in Economics and Statistics from Benin-city, Nigeria.
- She is a former Petroleum Economist at ENI E&P Italy and Nigeria.